[OM] OT Yaktrax advisory

Subject: [OM] OT Yaktrax advisory
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:19:02 +0000
To those of you who said you were going to try these, let me add one small
cautionary note.  They work great out on the ice; I walked all about yesterday
and this morning with nary a slip or slide.  But they can be upsetting to the
incautious coming indoors onto hard, smooth surfaces, such as slate or marble,
where the metal rings can produce just the opposite effect they have on ice.
They are perfectly compabable with carpet, so much so that you may forget
you're wearing them indoors.  On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend them for
prolonged tromping around on hardwood or linoleum floors.

They slip on and off so easily, removing and reinstalling them as needed is not
much of an inconvenience at all, actually less a PITA than putting on galoshes.
 (My grandmother called them "rubbers" and couldn't understand why I giggled as
a youngster when admonished to always wear my rubbers when going out in bad
weather.  Bless her.)

Let's be careful out there, whatever we wear.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --