[OM] Re: What is old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: What is old is new again
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:18:58 -0600
At 01:08 PM 1/30/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> > You need a 90/2 just to add some excitement via confusement to the Zuiko
>experience.  I now think of mine as a Tamron, which makes it a bit easier to
>remember the aperture ring's in the back and the focus ring's in the front.
>Doesn't always work, resulting in a fair amount of refocusing and recussing.
> >
> > Walt
> >
> > From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > Oh, and ALL of my Zuikos are primes with the aperture ring
> > > firmly ensconsced in the same place.
> > > :)
> > > AG
>
>I have lots of variety with different placement of aperture rings, some
>zooms that are two touch and others one, zooms that zoom in opposite
>directions of push-pull, but about the only one I really couldn't live with
>was a lens whose focus ring turned the "wrong" way. Sold it.
>Wayne

Sorry, I never understand this kind of experience.  I switch to the dark
side once in a while and shoot with my FE2 and a few Nikkors.  Never really
notice the difference.  Manual focusing for me really boils down to getting
the lens close to in focus and then a lot of minute turning back and
forth.  At the money end of that process, it doesn't make a bit of
difference which way you originally had to turn to get it closer.  IMHO. YMMV.

Joel W.