[OM] Re: Difference between an OM3 and an OM 3ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Difference between an OM3 and an OM 3ti
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:13:00 -0000
Robert McFetridge asked:

> Could someone explain what the actual difference between an OM3
> and OM 3ti is. Aside from vanity or collectors value is the 3ti
> that much better a camera for the extraordinary cost difference.

Of the top of my head (may not be exhaustive):

1. Titanium build.
2. Super FP flash sync.
3. OTF flash quench (T-series flash).

> My understanding with the OM4 and OM4ti is that battery mileage
> is better with the ti version.

I don't think battery usage is quite that straightforward, but others
will help here, I'm sure. Note you've also got the same #1 and #2 above
to add to the differences between the 4Ti and the plain 4. And there may
be other minor differences.

> But the 4 is an automatic camera and the 3 is manual.

Indeed.

Regards,

Simon