[OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 6

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 6
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:26:20 +0000
Richard,

I've read what others have said, and I won't take up much space.  It's a
wonderful shot, and I'm happy you now know those little trees holding onto
their leaves are beeches.  :-)

Please don't succumb to the trite and annoyingly common use of too long shutter
speeds when shooting water.  One of my pet peeves (for which I have a collar, a
leash, a license, and a winter coat) is folks who try to turn running water
into milk.  You've captured exactly the right amount of blur to show that the
water is moving, like anybody with sense enough to know that the stuff flows
downhill would know.  If I had been there, I would (I hope) have taken the same
photo.

Well done.

Walt, still without snow  :-(

--