[OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 6

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Winter 6
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:53:26 -0800

I have two B&W images made in 1984 (I think) at the same spot, one with
an XA, one with a Toyo 4x5 and 150mm (I think)... Both have real legs.
One (the 4x5 shot) is displayed in the home of friends, and is the
better of the images from the standpoint of the print quality.  The
other is displayed here in our home.

I do not tire of either, and I have made mental notes of this fact over
the years.  I am sure that both images could be "improved".  But
especially the fact that my friends have the Toyo shot hanging after
twenty years gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

Earl

AG Schnozz wrote:

>I think the real problem here is that you recently posted a
>world-class, top-notch, portfolio stuffer and we expect you to
>follow that up with an even better one.
>
>Unfortunately, it's the hyper critical thinking that does get us
>in trouble sometimes.  I take what I think is a wc,tn,ps
>photograph, print it up large and stick it on my cube farm wall.
> What started out as great turns ugly pretty fast. There aren't
>many prints that survive a week.  However, two have surived for
>over a year!

<much snipped>