[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:55:35 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>>Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.danielmitchell.net/pano1.jpg
>
> So when were you in Melbourne Dan ?

  Let's see.. December 2003, for a week or so; we'd just had a few
months driving around New Zealand and then over to Australia to do the
classic tour-up-the-East-Coast.

  A week in Melbourne, then Sydney for a couple of days while we looked
for work picking fruit. Which we did in Stanthorpe, just north of the
QLD/NSW border, for three months; Stanthorpe -> Brisbane for a few days,
up the coast to Airlie Beach where we went out on a boat to get our PADI
Open Water certifications, then on up to Cairns for more diving. Cairns
back down to Sydney for a week, and from Sydney on to SE Asia to trundle
around there for a few more months.

  Melbourne was really nice to wander around -- back on-topic, I came
_this_ close to buying a very cheap OM4 in one of the camera shops off
Elizabeth St (if I remember correctly) but the self-timer was dead and I
didn't want to find out something else was amiss when out of reach of a
repair place.

  I have, at a guess, two or three hundred rolls of film printed out
that I really must get around to scanning one of these days..

  -- dan