[OM] Re: Metal Cap for 16mm Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: Metal Cap for 16mm Zuiko
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:53:56 -0800
BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>">The plastic caps work better.
>The plastic cap on my 18, same as the 16, comes off in a light wind. I had
>actually thought about putting some felt in the rim.

The plastic cap for my 18mm stays in the drawer unused. I just can't see
any reason to have the lens in use without the hood. Not only do I want
to avoid glare and/or diminished contrast, but having that protruding
front element waving about where it can bang/ brush/whatever against
things just seems foolish to me. the adapter/hood lives on the lens and
the 2 of them and their pal, a 72mm cap, live in a nicely fitting
no-brand case when not in use.

Moose