[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:02:32 -0800
Well, they manage to make a Stylus zoom with 24x36mm film coverage that
is about a quarter the size. I am just impressed that the Coolpix 8700
was about a third smaller with a bigger range on the long side and an
8400 smaller with wider angle. I don't think the difference between
F2.4 or 2.6 is worth worrying about. And Nikon is not especially
capable with miniature cameras. The C-8080 is one of the largest of the
8MP cameras, not the smallest like they used to be. I think if they put
their minds to it they could do it. After all, their OM lenses were
smaller than the competition with the same coverage.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA