[OM] Re: Analog Forever

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Forever
From: asud journal <asudjournal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:10:26 +0100

>> to the lines of pixels (which is essentially always the case in any
>> ral
>> world application), and especially the converging lines in the test
>> target used in this case, I believe the eye can distinguish separate
>> lines at a smaller separation than the pixel pitch.

In the real world we rarely shooting lines and points.
  How subjective is the art and how subjective is the appreciation of a
picture?
The resolution is not the only thing. What about the colour rendering,
the contrast,  the bokeh, the avalaible ligth and the subject
composition?
I think that is the combination of these things who make a great
picture.
The best camera and the best tested lens,  is just pieces of glass and
plastic without a good eye.
Some photographers producing nice photographs with toys cameras like
holgas. Some other producing crappy shots with a 1Ds mkII who have the
great sensor and so and so.
I'm sorry for the technical lovers but the technology must serve the
art, not the contrary.
Loïc