[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:03:06 -0600
Quoting Dean Tyler <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> How about an upgrade on the c-8080 like they did to the
> 5060.  Faster write
> times and performance, better AF and zoom performance,
> tilt and swivel
> display, flash, etc.  The 8080 is such a nice design and
> with a little
> improvement it would be great.
>
> Dean

AdobeRGB in addition to sRGB would be good. I'm not sure it
really makes any difference, since I just change it in PS,
but it's the principle of the thing.

Except for some of the SLRs, everyone seems to complain
about their cameras' low light AF performance.  (Especially
the folks who turn off the AF assist light ... it does make
you feel like a Borg drone.)

I wish the zoom went to about 200mm in 35mm terms and f2.8
all the way.  As long as we're wishing, make that f2. RAW +
SHQ write times are for the comtemplative (which is actually
OK for me most of the time).  But it's an amazing tool.
I've just purchased another brand's P&S with a 12x zoom.
I'm pleased -- I should say astonished -- at the
excellent results it returns at the long end, but the build
quality isn't even close to the Oly C8080 or C5060.

That's by and large one thing that hasn't changed about Oly
since OM days.

Joel W.