[OM] List-admin: lots of bounces

Subject: [OM] List-admin: lots of bounces
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:59:25 +0100
Folks,

This is a record-breaking day. Within the last 24h, about 1200 bounces
have happened to the list. Some, due to mailservers reporting the
address to be no longer existing (?), but most due to "full mailboxes"
(account over quota). While writing this short email, an additional 29
bounces popped in. Yikes.....

The addresses with permanent failures (such as "account disabled for
that address") have been unsubscribed. The rest have been put on
vacation on the list -- implying that mails to their accounts are no
longer delivred, but that posting privileges remain.

A total of ~20 addressed have been either removed or set on vacation.

Two things:

        - if you go away for a while and do not have an unlimited mail
account, please put yourself on vacation first.

        - if you hear of someone who, mysteriously, have been removed from the
list or no longer get emails,
          this email is the reason. Point them to http://www.zuikoholic.com,
and ask that they check up on
          resubscribing and/or unsetting their vacation flag.

Sorry to bother you with a bunch of such details, but it may be that
people affected do not think to contact me first and rather email any
other fellow zuikoholic. This way, we can all answer ;)

Cheers,

--thomas