[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:45:27 +0100
>  I was just in a camera store today picking up some film and they had
>an  E300/EVolt in there -- that thing is _huge_. I thought the 4/3
>system was meant to be compact, but the body was no smaller than any of
>the other DSLRs, the lens wasn't any smaller, I don't quite get it.

I don't quite get it either. I have not manipulated an E-300, but the
E-1 does seem huge as compared to an OM. Not to mention the lenses -
they may be smaller than the competition, but they are large when
compared to Zuikos - just look up the filter ring diameters

Only Pentax seems to have kept small size as a design goal, unfortunately.

Bernard