[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:18:56 -0800
Really. I think the ideal was the top dial hanging over the front or
back. Just a simple roll of the thumb or finger to change it. It is
really better ergonomics to separate controls you are likely to use
together. For instance if you want better depth of field after setting
your exposure it is much quicker slow the speed with one finger and
change the F stop with the other. I was usually a shutter priority
shooter and knew what speed I was using even if there was no speed
readout in the finder. No need to look at all. I hated the balky action
of the Oly ring on my OM4T. I just mostly stopped shooting manually
because of it. The OM-1 I got later had a much smoother and easier to
grab shutter ring.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA