[OM] Re: OT: Kodak digital camera sales

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Kodak digital camera sales
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:58:12 -0800
Earl Dunbar wrote:

>Since I live in Kodak-town and there has been much discussion of Kodak's
>film business, I thought I'd pass on this article in the local paper.
>Also brings up questions about Olympus' position in the digital
>marketplace, as it is not among the top 3 mentioned in the article, to
>no one's surprise.

Oly is #4. Also, this measure is on unit sales, not money value of
sales, where Can*n may on top
<http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-02-02-kodak-usat_x.htm>.

It is also only for the US market, so doesn't say anything about
worldwide performance.

Share of total number of units shipped:
Kodak    21.9
Sony     21.7
Canon    16.1
Olympus  10.4
H-P       8.1
Fuji      8.0
Nikon     6.2

Sony had a good year in one way, shipping 21% more cameras than in 2003,
but Kodak shipments went up 66%!Whe yellow box may be in decline, but
the Yellow Father seems to be pulling out of the doldrums rather well.

Moose