[OM] Re: I've Waited Long Enough (Long post, only for the brave)

Subject: [OM] Re: I've Waited Long Enough (Long post, only for the brave)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:32:17 -0800 (PST)
>   In my experience, a monopod only gives you another couple of
> stops.
> It'll stabilise the camera, but in a way that's useful for
> long lenses
> rather than long exposures, if you see what I mean. Monopods
> are great
> when there's not much room, but if you can find room to use a
> tripod
> they're a much better bet.

Excellent analysis!  The effectiveness of a monopod is for
controlling fast vibrations. In most cases a monopod is good for
exposures that happen between heartbeats.  So, yes, it's good
with telephotos when you need to shoot 1/30, 1/60, etc., but
lousy for most exposure shorter than 1/2 second.

AG

http://my.yahoo.com