[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:53:10 +0000
True.  Mirror flop, aperture stop-down and shutter vibration was never the
least bit of a problem with the only slightly more massive Pentax Spotmatics I
used before switching horses in mid-1984, being enchanted and beguiled by the
OM-4 and it's muti-spot metering.  It may be blasphemy so extreme that it gets
me excommunicatd here, but had I known about this problem before jumping the
Pentax ship, I might not be here today.

Too late now, considering the mountain of Oly gear I've got.  Guess I'll just
have to keep muddling on, doing the best I can to cope with these shortcomings.
 I'm too old and set in my ways to give up the still enchanting and beguiling
multi-spot metering.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
[snip]
> I believe that the OMs are more susceptable to shutter induced vibration
> because of the
> lack of mass.
[snip]