[OM] Re: E1 vs E300

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs E300
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:25:05 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:

>Thanks, makes sense.  Do you know how color mapping is done in relation to
>RAW capture?

RAW doesn't have a color space in the sense of sRGB, Adobe, etc. RAW is
simply the data from the sensor with the full range of color brightness
it is capable of capturing in each channel. So RAW can be converted to
any color space for which the converter app has capability. The color
range of each channel will be resampled, mostly down, but possibly up,
depending on color space and individual camera to create the gamut
specified.

>>Now you may see why I'm so crazy for the 10x Tamron 28-300.
>>
>>Moose
>>

>I share your joy. :)

Yeah, you get a wider range and I get a higher top end, 460mm eq. on the
300D sensor. Sounds like horsepower wars.

Moose