[OM] Re: I know you're on the edge of your seat.

Subject: [OM] Re: I know you're on the edge of your seat.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:11:32 EST

In a message dated 2/6/2005 9:46:50 AM Central Standard Time,
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>The  price differential between the e-1 and e-300 is getting to be not  much
.
>. . what is that I hear coming around the bend?  Bill   Barber

I hope so. If so, maybe the D70 can be the lone   non-Oly in my collection.

Well, perhaps I am a bigger heathen than you (interesting I say that as I
sit at my computer, while my bride is at the church house, where I'm to be
found
 most Sunday mornings).

My stash closet holds, in addition to a pretty extensive group of OM  gear, a
fairly complete Mamiya Universal kit, an Omega view camera, a  Toyo 45AX
field camera and a Zero Image pinhole camera.  For  anyone interested the
Mamiya
Universal and Omega 45E are in a holding pattern to  go on ebay.  So if anyone
is interested, contact me off list.

On my trip out into the brush yesterday, my kit included an OM 2S with a
21mm f2 and a roll of Tri-X, the Zero Image with some Tmax 100 and the e-1 and
lenses.  There is a particular project I'm working on that had me carrying  the
pinhole and the OM 2S with the 21mm.

For all the diehards out there (and I assume that is most, if not all  of us)
I did make an interesting observation, while using all three of these
cameras.  Other than the pinhole, the OM 2S with the 2-13 screen is by  far the
easiest to focus.  I'm not going to trade the e-1 off on  something else,
however
I do like a split image.  You young bucks, with  perfect eyesight and 32 inch
waists won't appreciate that comment, however, if  you are lucky to live long
enough, you will.   Bill  Barber