[OM] Re: Slide projector question

Subject: [OM] Re: Slide projector question
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:22:40 -0800
> From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... a Carousel 850 manual focus with a
> Ektanar 5" f2.8 lens. It was immediately apparent that the lens was way
> too long for a small living room. Is the common and cheap
> Ektanar102-152mm zoom lens any good or even short enough for an 8-12'
> projection distance and giving a large image?

I think that will work for you. That's what I use for classes and
presentations, since I never know if I'm going to have a fixed lectern
or some weird viewing length.

Something else to consider: an old AV machine with an integrated
screen. You can set it on a table and a small group of perhaps as many
as eight can have a decent view without total darkness. I got one in a
pawn shop for $30. It's great to let clients pre-view their slides
before acceptance, so I can fix a problem before getting an angry call!

:::: It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean
it is.
:::: If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
:::: It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
::::                            -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>