[OM] Re: [OT]British Language

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]British Language
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:28:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 06 February, 2005 10:31 PM

> >1. "Anti-social behavior" which is not a crime in this country and just
> >a matter of rudeness.I am sure it is a euphemism for something else.

the sort of behaviour that one's parents or the local community policeman of
twenty five plus years ago would deal with by a good clip round the ear or
with the leather strap from the family luggage. Today, Singapore deals with
such behaviour with a few strokes of the lash across the naked buttocks. I
support that. When a youth from the US went spray painting cars in Singapore
didn't Bill Clinton feel so outraged that he raised the issue in public. I
doubt that that too many cars get spray painted !

jh