[OM] Re: [OT]British Language

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]British Language
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:06:40 +0000
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 06:22:37 +0000, Chris Barker
<ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Reasonable questions Winsor, except that you forget that the man Blair,
>along with most of his Government, might mean different things on
>different days.  For instance, the threat of attack "within" 45
>minutes" might mean 45 years in the case of Iraq... the man uses words
>to mean different things on different days.

I've no problem with the occasional OT levity, but I've seen (on
another forum to which I subscribe) how things can degenerate when
politics and religion rear their heads - sometimes becoming very
acrimonious. It would be a great shame to se that here.

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)