[OM] Re: I've Waited Long Enough (Long post, only for the brave)

Subject: [OM] Re: I've Waited Long Enough (Long post, only for the brave)
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:55:43 -0000 (GMT)

> Hi joshua,
> like as said by other listees, monopods are just good for telephoto.
> You'll better use a tripod for long nigthshots.
> You can find some ligth meters at an average price. I've found in a
> used camera shop a gossen variosix F at 40?.
> But the pocket ligth book with bracketing could be a good compromise.
> Welcome back on the list, Loïc.

I don't own a monopod but I don't think it will provide the stability you
need. The latest set of nigh photos I took were in hong kong and some of
the exposures where 15-30 seconds (24mm wide angle F5.6, tamron 90mm @ f8,
35-70 f3.6 @ f8) lots of dark sky and dark water). In fact in 3 days of
night photography I killed the batteries that where in the camera (om4ti).
The auto setting on the om4ti works perfectly with almost all the shoots
comming out very well (slide film) without having to think. Perhaps you
may want to invest in a om2?
regards
James