[OM] Re: Slipping focussing grip

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping focussing grip
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:38:57 -0000
Piers Hemy wrote:

> 143 C or F?

Well, I was thinking F when I wrote it, but since I picked the number
out of thin air, it really could have been either!

> When it is back on, break out the Copydex, apply a liberal
> covering to the diamond rubber, and leave it to dry.  Then peel
> it off, taking with it much of the ingrained 'material' that
> has been disfiguring the lens for so long.
> Trust me, it works.

Are you pulling my leg, or are you serious? It does sound feasible, and
it's not the first of April yet. Not that I've actually got any Copydex
to hand.

I think I might try on a 50/1.8 first, either way...

Simon