[OM] Re: Olympus rebates & contests/copywrite

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus rebates & contests/copywrite
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:37:55 EST

In a message dated 2/9/2005 7:33:43 AM Central Standard Time,
omtech@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Those of  you considering E-1, E-300 purchases, check the Olympus site for
rebate  information.  There's a $200 rebate on E-1, 14-54 purchase (purchased

3/1 thru 6/30)   and $100 on the E-300 kit (2/7 thru  3/31).  Smaller rebates
apply to all accessory lenses (also 3/1 thru  6/30). $100 rebate on the
C-7000 (2/7 thru 3/31). Just helping  :-)

_http://www.olympusamerica.com/digital_
(http://www.olympusamerica.com/digital)

John, I couldn't find the rebates on the e-1 cameras and accessories.   This
is a good site with lessons, a digital "Vision Age" and a bunch of other
stuff.  One thing they do on their site is to sponsor a contest with a  prize
of a
$100 to the winner in each category.  It doesn't look like  anybody who is
shooting film is able to win.  It may be lack of  ability or perhaps a lack of
willingness to give up ownership and copywrite of  you image to Olympus.  I
can't imagine anyone doing that.  Does it not  seem unreasonable to others on
this list?  Bill  Barber