[OM] Re: OT - Camera Hacking disposables

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Camera Hacking disposables
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:52:16 EST

In a message dated 2/9/2005 7:48:57 AM Central Standard Time,
asudjournal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In the  third world nothing is disposable and a incredible number of
things are  reusable after occidentals are trashed it.
In used camera shop i see most  africans buying many junk cameras,
compacts, disposables and old  reflexs.
It seems that they give to these items a second life for feeding  the
third world market.
They do the same for cars, motors, hi-fi and  cell phones.

I hadn't thought of that.  One of the joys of my day, is those days  when it
occurs, is seeing a caravan of junk (by American standards) cars headed  south
through my town on their way to Central America.  The joy come from  knowing
that they will see a second life and that someone has figured out a way  to
take something of little value in one place, build a business out of it and
support their family and others through hard work and vision.  Many times
these
cars, which are usually in pairs, with one pulling another, will be  stacked
high with bicycles and children's toys.  It truly shows that one  man's trash
is another's treasure and I get to see it all the time leaving the  Houston
auto auctions, headed south on Highway 59.  Last week there  was an unusual
caravan made up of 8 or 10 yellow school buses, each pulling a  car or small
truck
behind them, headed for a new life in another country.   Bill Barber