[OM] Re: please help on OM extension tube

Subject: [OM] Re: please help on OM extension tube
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:54:29 -0800
andy pang wrote:

>Hi guys, I'm new to this group.

Welcome!

>Need some help on extension tube. I want to homebrew a 25mm manual extension
>tube (MET25).
>

>Can someone measure the size of the extension tube from top to bottom ? is it
>25mm then ?

Since the intent is to add 25mm to the distance from lens to film plane,
the total length from the flat surfaces of each lens mount should be
25mm. On my 25mm Auto-tube, it is 25.4mm, so even Oly isn't concerned
about being really exact.

>I'll be using the body plate from an om10 and lens plate from a 50F1.8 lens.
>The
>mid-section... haven't got a clue yet.   any suggestion  ? Thanks in advance

That sure sounds like a lot of work to duplicate a rather inexpensive
item. Is 25mm length really important? The 3rd party sets usually are
12, 20 and 36mm lengths and, as Bill said, pretty cheap.

The very common and cheap used Vivitar 2x-21 telexender can be very
easily converted into a 26mm auto tube. Just remove the 3 screws on the
back and carefully work the rear assembly off. Unscrew the rings and
such holding the lens elements, remove the elements, remount the rear
assembly, and you are done. If you prefer a manual tube, just remove
those parts too.

Moose