[OM] Re: How much is too much?

Subject: [OM] Re: How much is too much?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:28:54 -0800
I guess I will say something too. I think it changes the picture quite
a bit which is all right if that is what you want. I think the trash
says something about the place and the extreme fatigue of the man who
would feel safe enough to snooze there. Removing the hand from his case
cancels the anxiety that made want to keep it safe in the event he
dozed off. The bulge in his jacket seems to indicate the priority of
what needs to be most protected, the case with the hand next, then the
case next to him and then the umbrella. I think the unphotoshopped
picture is much stronger.  And I am more comfortable with the dark
shadows with trash under the bench than I am with the digital noise and
round edged clone stamps that replace it. The crop is great. I don't
have much problem with using Photoshop. I believe you really have to
think about why and how you are going to do it though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA