[OM] [OT] Printing Advice

Subject: [OM] [OT] Printing Advice
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:49:56 -0800 (PST)
Yet another OT courtesy of Boris...:)  You might be delighted to know that so
far the score is as follows:
Printer 1, Boris 0
I was told by the American Government that need to submit a pasport size photo
for their dubious needs.
Took it with wife's didge and it is currently on my computer waiting to be
printed.  Problem is that I cant specify resolution.
The printer software does not have the capabilities, it gives me the option of
"high" and other lower options.  I cant specify the size, which is 5X5cm, the
custom sizes start from about 8cm.
I have PS 6 and Picture Window Pro 3.5.  In PS (under print setup) I was able
to "tell" the printer to print in 5X5 size, but did not give me option to
specify resolution, so I went with the high setting from the printer menu and
it did not work that well...I got the size, but the resolution is lower
Now the question is:
>From PS or PWP, how can I specify the size and the resolution to the printer,
>or how can I resize the picture and save it as 5X5cm and 300dpi.  Or if you
>can think of sompin' smarter than that, I would appreciate your input
I thanks you very much in advance (I am sure the American Government will thank
you too...)
Boris