[OM] Re: Another Tamron 90mm f/2.5 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Tamron 90mm f/2.5 question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:51:37 -0800
Curtis P. Hedman wrote:

>Thanks to Bill and Piers for the replies to my lens hood question... now I
>have one about a teleconverter for the same lens (52B). Do I need to
>attempt to find the Tamron SP 2X converter (01F???)

01F is the correct one.

>for this lens, or will my Zuiko 2X-A perform as well?

I'm sure the 2x-A will perform at least as well. I seem to recall
post(s) on the comparison, but I've never tried it. The 01F is certainly
sharp on this lens <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Tam902.5/>.

With the 01F, it is much more convenient if you have 2 Adaptalls, and
just swap adaptall for 01F with an adaptall already on it when adding
the telextender.

>And for that matter, how might this lens work with a Vivitar Macro focusing 2X
>converter? I've actually be fairly pleased with the Vivitar Macro Focusing
>converter so far...

I have one, but have never tried it with the 90/2.5. It certainly should
work, and might go past 1:1.

Moose