[OM] Re: Slipping focussing grip

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping focussing grip
From: "Lawrence Plummer" <plummerl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:02:13 -0800
I just received a nearly perfect 16mm, except the rubber grip has been
slightly stretched.  After researching how to fix it for hours, I stumbled
onto a reference about ordering the part from Olympus!  I picked up the part
number from Mark Dapoz's site:

 <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/>
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/

and today called the 800 number for Olympus (New York, I think).  To my
amazement, I ordered one in less than 5 minutes, delivery in a week, and it
was only about $16.  From surveying the other exploded parts diagrams, it
appears that there are fair number of common grips.  I am probably going to
order extras for possible future use.

Larry  (ps, I've been lurking for years, I am now a serious Zuikoholic, and
thought that I would start giving back.)