[OM] Olympus D-560

Subject: [OM] Olympus D-560
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:10:47 -0800 (PST)
I stumbled across an Olympus D-560 on the bay and thought what the
heck, I'll enter a bid.  I ended up winning it for $85.  It was a
display model advertised in excellent condition with a valid Olympus 1
year warranty.  Since I got the camera for such a reasonable price, I
went and purchased a 128 MB XD picture card as well... prices sure have
dropped on memory.

It is in great shape, boxed with all the original accessories.  For a
3.2 megapixel point and shoot, it's not bad.  I fooled with it a bit
and confirmed that using auto white balance produces a bit of a magenta
cast (5-6 points in photoshop) outdoors.  The review at:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D560/D56A.HTM

seems to be right on.

This is going to be my wife's Valentine's Day/Birthday gift.  She has
been hinting for a digital point and shoot since Christmas.  I'm really
hoping this sparks her interest again in photography (I miss her as a
photo partner)and if it does we'll get a better digicam in the future.
IMO, she has remarkable talent in portraiture.

Richard

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail