[OM] Re: 1-2 Screen! What is it used for?

Subject: [OM] Re: 1-2 Screen! What is it used for?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:24:27 -0800
The 1-2 is supposed to work with telephoto lenses when taking pictures where
the scene does not have an object that will work well with a split image.
..  okay when I'm using a telephoto there is all too often something out of
the DOF which fractures the microprism view, making it very difficult to
focus with anyway (ex: peeking through tall plants to take pictures of birds
etc). I gave up on the microprism spots.

Does anybody use them regularly?  for ?

TIA,
-jeff