[OM] Re: Why do digital cameras have a shutter?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why do digital cameras have a shutter?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:46:47 -0800
Not sure what you are talking about. No significant delay in my Coolpix
5700 EVF, but I have not tried to panning for birds in flight at close
range with it. It refreshes faster than I can turn my head. And most
have a focus aid in manual. Most magnify the center of the image while
doing the manual focus. Nikon uses a super sharpening that lets you
know where the camera is focused. Admittedly they are more difficult to
use, but they work. I just have not needed it except to try it out
because the autofocus is capable and accurate. If there is a delay it
is in the autofocus of older digicams.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA