[OM] Re: OT - Kyoto Protocol (was Camera Hacking disposables)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Kyoto Protocol (was Camera Hacking disposables)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:37:48 -0700
Boris still thinks he lives someplace else I guess. Pointing out some
interesting reading on a controversial topic should not get anyone too
excited. It can get too emotional to debate on this list though. Anyone who
doesn't think global warming is real must not be paying attention. How much
of it is man-caused and how much is a natural phenomena is a debatable
subject. Whether or not the world needs to take action is not. What actions
to take and who manages the affairs of individual countries is an important
issue. Some of the language in the Protocol is scary if you read between the
lines and anticipate some of the things that might happen. Exempting a
country the size of China appears to me to be a problem. I also don't like
the things I see when the United Nations tries to manage anything. We know
there are things we can do to help the situation and we had better figure
out how to make them happen. /jmac