[OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:04:55 +0100
>One thing I've found which really conserves space and actually
>helps matters a lot is a little trick I picked up from Joel W.
>Use body caps!  OM bodies and lenses use much less space when
>seperate than when mounted. Another aspect of this is that it
>forces the discipline of changing lenses to match the scene
>instead of being lazy and keeping one lens primarily attached to
>one body-

Yes, that's a good idea.

But what if your aim when carrying two bodies is not to use 2
different films, but to avoid having to change lenses too often, i.e.
you mount your 2 "main" lenses on these 2 bodies?

I normally carry a Domke bag, preferably a small one (F6 or even F3X,
F2 is a little bit too large), and the camera is in the bag or in my
hand. I like the Domke bags because they allow quick access and are
not too rigid, they fold around my hip. And I could not imagine
wearing a photo vest when travelling, in a country such as India.

So... two bodies with lenses mounted in the bag (let's say F6), this
doesn't fit easily except in a very big bag. Or perhaps one body nose
down, with the lens pointing into one of the 4 compartments of the
Domke 4-pockets insert, and the other body on the side of the insert.
A little bit cumbersome though.

How do you pratice this when you carry an OM-2S and an OM-4 ? (In my
case, OM-4Ti and OM-40).

Bernard