[OM] Re: EVOLT

Subject: [OM] Re: EVOLT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:44:39 -0800
I think it is like any camera. You just have to learn to use it. I
looked at a lot of pictures posted on the dpreview Olympus list and
there were lots of "thin" looking pictures taken using the ESP
metering, if not blown somewhere, very pastel looking in both E-1 and
C8080 posts. Amazingly they were proud of those shots and people
praised them. There were several people with nice web sites with
stunning images and they mostly used center weighted metering with an
exposure adjustment of minus 1/3 to 2/3 stops when you looked at the
EXIF.  The ESP thing may not be well sorted, but there are
alternatives.

There are very experienced users of both cameras on this list who could
provide more informed discussion though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA