[OM] Re: RF bug: was My New Super-Duper "Minimal" Kit Idea

Subject: [OM] Re: RF bug: was My New Super-Duper "Minimal" Kit Idea
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:26:36 -0800 (PST)
I know I might be becoming very annoying with this statement, but is it,
because you feel like the OM viewfinder is too close to your eyes?
Before, I got used to it, my horizions were not always straight...:)
Boris
P.S.  Good for macro, but landscapes are an effort.  Still wont trade it for
another brand (not the case with their digital line though...:)
Cameras considered before buying into the OM line:
Nikon F2 (?) the one that is still made and is priced approximately $650
K1000
Other fully manual cameras from Pentax, Canon and Minolta accused to be
"venerable".  Used Praktica along with the OM's, but stopped, coz no one
repairs them.

Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I went out today w/ an OM-2n, 21/2, 35/2.8, 100/2.8 (thanks Bill Barber)
and an RC. I am so out of shape visually; i.e., I can't "see" through
the OM viewfinder as I used to. Strangely, I connected with the RC
viewfinder far more easily. Don't know why that is, and I'm sure my OM
vision will return with practice/use. Anyone have any ideas?

The scary thing is, I found myself surfing the Voigtlander/Bessa sight
last night... I wish Olympus had stuck with the Ace and developed it
further.

Earl