[OM] Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:05:47 +0100
Hi,

I am currently on the lookout for a decent printer (to print my scans
from the Canon FS4000.) I need a reasonably priced solution (i.e.,
printer and ink both shouldn't be overpriced.)

I thought about the Epson 1290, any good/bad experiences with this one?
I previously had the Epson Photo 780, which finally got thrown out
because of clogged heads. (We tried everything to get it going again,
without luck.) I am a tiny bit reluctant to buy another Epson because of
this.

Thanks for any advice,

Nils