[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:08:53 -0800
You can change a cartridge in the middle of a print with an Epson as
well. My Epson is faster and quieter than my  Canon everyday printer.
But both have newer models I am not familiar with. Canon has not even
attempted to follow Epson into the archival area. I doubt that that
droplets below a certain size is that important except for bragging
rights when they are all so small as to be unseen by the unaided eye.
Canon may be stuck with impermanent dyes because their head design
relies on heaters to boil the ink and blow it through the jet. Pigments
may clog that kind of head.

HP has followed Epson with their archival pigmented inks. You can see
them on the Wilhelm site. They make a good printer as well. HP seems to
be trying the hardest to bite into Epson's print market. HP just has a
bad history of major shifts of support especially for the Mac and with
their current business problems...

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA