[OM] Re: [photo] just for fun

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] just for fun
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:07:01 -0800
Richard Lovison wrote:

>OM-4T : Vivitar Series 1 90-180/4.5 : T-32 flash
>
>This is a photo of our new addition to the family, a kitten named
>Augie.  We got her in August of 2004, a barn cat that a friend picked
>up at the side of the road in severe distress.  She was suffering from
>a bacteria infection that claimed her left eye and probably did damage
>to her lungs as well.

Great shot!

>She's a little monster, choosing to knock down anything that stands,
>thus earning the nickname, "Augie the beast".

We had that problem with Mona when she deigned to have us live with her
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Mona/index.htm>. My son and his then
girlfriend had picked her out and had her declawed to be an indoor cat
in their small apartment. When she drove them crazy, older brother gave
the cat to younger brother still living at home with me. She was
unbelieveably destructive, tore up blinds, knocked pictures off the
walls, broke a piece of heirloom (but ugly) ceramic, etc. Astonishingly
active, she could jump up to bat at a bug on an 8 foot ceiling! One day,
I couldn't take it anymore and just opend the door. Things immediatly
got much better. She's simply a cat who needs to go outdoors. Of course,
claws or not, she caught all sorts of birds and creatures, so there was
the occasional surprise, like the birds she brought in to play with.
Now, what? 8, 10 years later, things are much more peaceful, except for
the occasional ankle attack.

Moose