[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:02:33 +0100
It's very hard to justify d-i-y printing.  I use 'Acme' cartridges to run off
quick/cheap postcard proofs at home, or 'proper' carts with Galerie paper to do
quick A4s that I want to show people - for example to display at the camera
club the same night.
But when I have time I order them over the internet.  Over here in Belgium I
just paid 13euro for 7 A4s (just over a pound each) and 30x45cm (12"x18") cost
4euro each.  It generally takes 2 days.
I use an Epson 870 and for a long time I lusted after a 1270, then 1290, then
2100, but now I've accepted that the professionals can do it cheaper than I can
(and probably better).
br
Jez

By the way, you should allow for quite a high failure rate where you bin the
print - maybe one in five of my prints aren't as good as I hoped due to colour
casts or whatever (and I swear at myself for not doing a quick postcard proof)
and the borders are never symmetrical, requiring some guillotine work, and and
and...