[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:51:05 -0800 (PST)
> the print costs would have to be about 1/4 of what I have
> calculated
> before I would even be tempted. at 1/10 of the printing cost I
> would buy
> one. Realistically I can't se the printing costs going sub 10
> pence per
> page...

With my Canon, and using 3rd party inks, my costs are low enough
for 8x10s and 11x17s and 13x19s that it's definitely less
expensive than FCA prints. 8x10s are about 1/3 the cost, 11x17s
and above are about 1/4 the cost.  However, 5x7 and smaller
prints are much more expensive. I've been experimenting around
with printing via the Internet to my local Walmart store. Glad I
have DSL.

When shooting events now, I use a digital camera and can haul
the S9000 (a smaller printer would be nicer to carry) and my
laptop and am able to sell prints right at the event. 8.5x11
sized paper (with 8x10 image size) prints take less than two
minutes to print and using an instant-dry paper means I can
throw them directly into an envelope and give them to the
customer right there.  We live in an "instant" society and this
ability to shoot and print within minutes is killer.

AG

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250