[OM] Re: Slightly OT: Slide Projectors

Subject: [OM] Re: Slightly OT: Slide Projectors
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:36:20 -0800 (PST)
You can't go wrong with the Carousel.  Mine has given many years of
reliable service.  If you go to a meeting with carousels, you will be
sure of having compatible projectors to show on.  I you want a little
better image quality, get a Navitar lens for it.  The stack loader is
a very useful accessory.
BTW, that bulb is worth about $30.

--- Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone here have experience with different slide projectors,
> or
> violent opinions about which models to seek out/avoid?
>
> I recently decided to switch over to Provia for most of my color
> shooting--all OM of course--since the slight enhancement of colors
> seems to work well with what I'm trying to do. So I wanted to
> upgrade
> from my very crappy "see-saw" style projector to a nicer tray-feed
> model.
>
> I've had the theory that since Kodak Carousel equipment was so
> ubiquitous (in this country at least), getting a Kodak would give
> me
> the greatest availability of trays, spare parts, bulbs, etc. on the
>
> secondhand market. Yesterday at a rummage sale, on a whim I grabbed
>
> an older Kodak Carousel 600 with a malfunctioning advance for $5.
> (The malfunction is that it's stuck advancing constantly.)
>
> But before I invest any time trying to rip it open and fix it, I'd
> appreciate any thoughts on what route other people might advise. (I
>
> figure that the Ektanar 4-inch lens and a working bulb are worth
> $5,
> even if the rest goes in the trash.)
>
> thanks,
>
>   -- Ross