[OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: F.AC 2 questions
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:48:55 -0600
The whistling in a flash is due to vibrations in the windings of the
transformer in the oscillation circuit used to step battery voltage (1.5v,
3v, 6v, etc.) up to the required voltage needed to fire the flash (usually
approx. 300v).  I believe the output of the AC adapter is already about
300v, and so bypasses the oscillation circuit entirely.