[OM] Re: OT - H*tmail

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - H*tmail
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:20:42 -0600
Cc: jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jeff Keller wrote:
> I use a H*tmail account for this group. <snip>
>
> Recently I'm constantly challenged to enter hard to read letters to prove
> that I'm not a machine. <snip> Does anyone have any tips/experience?

Seriously? Dump H*tmail. If you use it only for a few email lists (or,
worse, only for this one), you're going through a lot of pain to use it.
Unfortunately, Microsoft takes H*tmail security as seriously as it does
security for everything else it offers, and H*tmail has become so
compromised that some ISPs simply block mail from the entire domain. I
do that on my mail client, because, with a few exceptions (like your
email and an XGF's email), there's been nothing from H*tmail I've wanted
to read.

Free email is available from other sources, like yahoo and even some
affinity groups (university alumni associations, special-interest
groups, etc.). Some email packages will let you treat those servers just
like any other email address.

I'm not trying to sound mean; just suggesting that H*tmail is not worth
the problems.

Steve