[OM] Re: eos350d

Subject: [OM] Re: eos350d
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:15:13 -0800 (PST)
As to the "upgrading" of our ancient OM's with newly available
film...  I think that train done left the station.  I doubt that
we'll ever see any new films of worth coming down out from Big
Yellow or Grand ol Green.  Today's films are probably as good as
well get and our favorites will start to disappear.  My sad
prediction is that we'll see the discontinuance of half the film
products in 2005 and 2006. 2007-2008 will see almost the rest
gone.

> >Now, it's another few THOUSAND bucks to shell out to really
> find "upgrade".

For a professional grade DSLR, this is correct. For low-end
stuff like the 300D and D70, the prices will eventually get back
down to the under $300 category. Prices of all photo gear will
stabilize where they were before the digital revolution struck.

But, we'll continue to see a 30% increase in pixels every year
and Canon lead the competition by six months.

Except Olympus will still have the 5MP E-1 as their flagship
camera and Nikon will have the 4MP D2Hs-Mark XXIV.

AG

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250