[OM] Re: For all those who enjoy B&W

Subject: [OM] Re: For all those who enjoy B&W
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:10:43 +1100
>For those who enjoy a little B&W mixed in with their Velvia or  whatever,
>this link may be of interest.   _http://www.inkedmagazine.com/_
>(http://www.inkedmagazine.com/)      Bill Barber

I liked these bits in particular:

"Digital camera sales are rising dramatically across the board, while all
segments of film sales are falling...except one. Sales of black and white
film have doubled in three years, says Alex Hodges, a Kodak marketing manager."

"According to PMAI (Photo Marketing Association International) annual sales
of b&w film have risen every year since 1995. In addition, the number of
art galleries worldwide selling b&w photography has nearly doubled in 20
years."

Kinda restores my faith a bit. I've been having sinking feelings for the
past few years seeing favourite b&w films being discontinued.

Same kind of feelings have been felt over the past year while expanding my
OM system - I've been unsure whether I'm flogging a dead horse or whether
I'd see an analogue renaissance once digital settled down and people
realised there was something missing (and yes, I still think LP's sound
better than CD's - and don't get me started on MP3's...).

I've always had the faith in b&w, trouble was I wasn't sure that the rest
of the world did too.

I feel better now...

Andrew McPhee