[OM] OT: Car crashes (was This weekend's pictures (digital))

Subject: [OM] OT: Car crashes (was This weekend's pictures (digital))
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:24:25 +1100

Siddiq wrote:
>ouch... reminds me of a set of pics i saw, of another car that side swiped
>a tree, literally wrapped around it.

In one of the Time-Life photography books (thanks again John) there is a
photo taken in 1945 of a car accident. The car is crashed against a
telephone pole and the driver is suspended from the wires and crossbars
(dead of course) some 20 feet directly above the car. Never could figure
out how he got up there, seems to defy the laws of physics (the ones I know
of anyway).

For reference it's on page 40 of the Photojournalism volume.

Andrew McPhee