[OM] Digital primes

Subject: [OM] Digital primes
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:04:38 -0600
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:04:04 -0800, Earl Dunbar wrote:

>And I would also prefer prime lenses, not a lot of zooms.

I agree, but I think you and I must be the last two. In reading usenet
discussions and looking at a few stores, you'd get the idea that prime lenses
went out of
style around the time we quit carving photographs on stone tablets.

Give me the equivalent of a 20, a 50,and a 100, and I can shoot 90% of
everything I shoot. Throw in a couple of teles and a good macro and I'm set.
I've
never been a fan of zooms - it seems that the extra challenge of composition
with a prime forces me to really LOOK at the pictures I'm taking, instead of
falling
into the "point and shoot" trap.

--
Barry B. Bean