[OM] Re: Olympus filters

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus filters
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:28:35 -0400
My Olympus Trip 35, 35 RC, and 35 ED, all take the 43.5mm filters. Several
other of the older Olympus rangefinders take tham as well.

The 43mm filters are quite different though. My C5050 with Tiffen adapter
takes 43mm filters, but the way they are made, they will not work on the
older rangefinders at all. I had the brainwave once to take the glass out of
a 43mm filter and force it onto the slightly bent front of a 35RC, thereby
to make a new set of filter threads. But it wouldn't work at all the way the
threads are made.

Olympus 43.5mm UV filters do not have threads on the front, so filters
cannot be stacked.
I do have some Hoya 43.5mm filters that have threads on the front.

Wayne

> > I was in the Halifax store this pm and the only Olympus filters they had
> > left in the cut bin were two 43.5mm skylight 1A filters at Cdn$20 each.
That